I finally managed to take a couple of hours to go fishing this evening. The temperatures have been in the high 70s/low 80s so I figured there should be some action. I took my 3wt to chase bream in the lake I live on. The fishing was CRAZY. My son always asks me "But how many did you catch dad?", so I usually start off counting fish, but tongiht, I quit counting at 30 fish. I would guess the total was between 50 and 60 fish. The crazy thing was that 2/3rd of the fish were bass and they averaged between 2 1/2 and 3 pounds with a couple of larger ones mixed in. There were several stretches where I would catch five fish on five casts. I even tossed my fly over the side of my kayak a couple of times to sort out my line and I'd have a fish on when I got ready to cast. This lake gets very little fishing pressure and has a very healthy fish population (especially large bream), but this was an extraordinary day and a great way to start the season. The downside is, that the rest of the season is all downhill from here

Sorry no photos, but honest it really happened.

Jim Smith