hi
i am kind of new to this and i am sure i am putting this in the wrong place, but i just have to write about this!!!
not to long ago someone commented about fly rod warrantees, and i had something to say about it because at that time i had an unresolved issue with thomas and thomas. alas i have only the highest praise for thomas and thomas rod makers, they stand behind thier products even further than they had to.
about 3 years ago i sent my SL TRAVELER 8 wt back to the company because of broken parts, at first this issue was mishandled, i am not sure why but it was not taken seriously, anyway after an extended wait i was informed that my rod was not under warrantee and that the best offer they would do was give me a 40% discount on a new one. i was not very happy with this conclusion but i did not know what to do about it. after the comment i read on this site came out someone told me that i may have a legal issue because they never returned my rod. so, i contacted t&t again and this time i dealt with a manager, who was very courteous and professional he handled the matter very professionaly and lokked into the matter, we talked about the warrantee, which he said covered all the rods after 1988, i purchased my rod in 1996 so i wanted to know why my rod was not covered? apparently my rod had an extremely long shelf life, how many years the dealer had it who knows, anyway i am happy to say that today i recieved a package UPS from T&T containing a brand newHE100s-4 rod, very beautiful, this time T&T went out of thier way to please me, and i am sure that they went further than they had to, in my opinion T&T is a very honorable company, not only courteous and professional, but also compassionette...thax again T&T bobbyneuman