+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Off Topic Not FF Related BUT IMPORTANT!

Exclamation Off Topic Not FF Related BUT IMPORTANT!

OK Everyone
    This will be Short!
    Last Friday 3/2/12 Had a Colonoscopy. Its No Big Deal so if Your "Vet" has reccommened You get one Get It Done.
    You are Too Important To Your Families(home and here).
    Oh Yeah mine was all clear.
    Thank You for Your Attention...Now back to Our regularly scheduled programming!
    Bill

Good advise! I had mine done just before Christmas (thanks, Santa!?) and the found a couple of polyps that weren't a big deal now, but could have gone cancerous if left alone.

I had my 5th one done last year. Every 5 years since I was 45 when my Dad died. Removed polyps on first one, 3 were clear and more polyps on the last one. They can now tell which polyps are pre-cancerous. I have colon cancer on both sides of the family. GET ER DONE.

Good advise and great news too!

Very good advise and great news. Now for the rest of Y'all, if you need one get it done, the only sure way to detect colonb cancer, it is a silent killer, shows no mercy and takes no prisoners, take care. Just keep on keeping on, John.

Had one done last year. Had an EGD done on the same visit. Found one polyp in my colon that they sent off and it came back clear. But he said it is the type that could come back and could develop into cancer so he wants me to have another done in five to seven years. Also found a polyp in my stomach when they done the EGD. Sent it off and it came back all clear also.

Rocky

NewTyer 1 Guest

I had my first one last month. I was a little nervous but, in the end it wasn't bad and the stuff they give you to knock you out was awesome. Found one polyp which was removed and sent out. It was negative. Also found a fissure which needs to be taken care of yet. Good advise. I don't think a lot of men take these seriously enough or are afraid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NewTyer 1 View Post
    I had my first one last month. I was a little nervous but, in the end it wasn't bad and the stuff they give you to knock you out was awesome. Found one polyp which was removed and sent out. It was negative. Also found a fissure which needs to be taken care of yet. Good advise. I don't think a lot of men take these seriously enough or are afraid.
    Where else would they do it???

I have to get these more often than I'd like. They always seem to find some things to clip and, thank heavens, they've always turned out benign.
    The prep is awful, the drugs are kind of fun, the peace of mind afterwards is wonderful. If you are of a certain age, do it for sure!

Brad

P.S. I later had occasion to see the Doc who had done mine and remembered the occasion. As we chatted about it, it became clear that, totally unknown to me, we had conducted a conversation while I was under the drugs. He said I was quite witty. Wonder what I said?

I had one done too last month. My grandmother had colon cancer so I had mine done earlier than usual.

They say you are knocked out and won't remember anything. Well, I remember turning a bit and saying something in a moan. You don't feel anything but I do remember it all clearly. I asked the medical staff about it when I woke up. Didn't get a concrete answer from anyone. It seems that you are able to communicate and some people say the wildest things when they are in that state.

Wonder what I said too! I have the feeling that I was cursing a blue streak.
    "I often do not start fishing until the cool of the evening..."
    Norman Maclean: A River Runs Through It

+ Reply to Thread