+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NorCross HawkEye F33P Fish Finder

Hybrid View

Default NorCross HawkEye F33P Fish Finder

This finder gets good reviews and @$49.99 on Amazon may be good for the money....anyone have any experience?
    Reviews seem to indcate it does well at finding fish...one reviewer indacated it would find multiple fish but not singles....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTQyxao4CZo

No experience, but it piques my interest. I like the portability aspect.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I've had several of them over the past 5-6 years. The original model had a temp feature that was removed in the newer models. Mine died so I upgraded to a newer model at a reduced cost but lost temp option. They are very basic and I use it on my float tube. I pretty much just use it as a depth guage. It does not show actual contour of bottom. It has basic pictures of botton and fish that it displays. Not the best for detecting fish as it often detects the bottom as fish or weeds. I do not like the long cable for the sensor as I use it close to my tube. Its compact and fits in your float tube pocket. Water resistant but do not dunk it as it will likely not recover. So its a basic depth gauge(99ft max) and can detect fish. I bought mine years ago for $99 and when they break they offer a replacement at reduced costs.. Working on my 3rd unit now. You can use it to find edges and drop offs. Sorry for the so so review but now you know.

Jet
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" - unknown author

What Jet said. I own 2. One was a gift and one I won in a FF raffle. I've never opened the raffle win. The gift I've used on my pontoon and tube. The cable is so long it got into my fins, oars and flyline. I liked the fish and bottom (depth) indicator. It seems to work fine. For tubing I'll stick to my fishing buddy.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

+ Reply to Thread