+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gone Fish'in...

Hybrid View

Default Gone Fish'in...

Today was a very nice fishing trip. Our son Scott is here visiting us for his Birthday which happens to be today... So with all the warmer weather we have been having this winter I encouraged him to bring his fishing gear with him. This morning it was still 59 degrees out at 7 am. --- but the weather forecast was for some rain and dropping temps throughout the day so we decided to head out early rather than later. It turned out to be a good move and I was quickly into a good fish right away. Scott's a good fisherman and we managed to catch both some big and some small browns... We caught some rain too but nothing that made us give-it-up... I was the lucky guy today catching two nice brown trout, a 16 and a 17 incher, outstanding fish for this creek where 12 incher's are good fish...

At noon we quit and headed for our local burger joint. A wonderful day... Anytime spent with your son is great but none better than on some good water enjoying our time together.

Scott working the far side of the pool

16" Male Brown Trout

Scott nymphing

Winter Stone

Fish of the day a "reel" battler "on the fly"...
    Last edited by dr korn; 03-08-2012 at 07:41 PM.
    Doug... a.k.a. 55dougie

http://55onthefly.blogspot.com/

Doug,

Nice fish; glad you and your son got to share some time together.

Regards,
    Scott

Wow what a great day. I look forward to the day when my son is much older (he just turned 8 this past Sunday) and we share times like this.

dr korn, the mono scrap holder you have hanging from your vest can you tell me the name of it? I bough one a few years back, but I can't find it and would like to replace it.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneFly View Post
    Wow what a great day. I look forward to the day when my son is much older (he just turned 8 this past Sunday) and we share times like this.

dr korn, the mono scrap holder you have hanging from your vest can you tell me the name of it? I bough one a few years back, but I can't find it and would like to replace it.
    TyroneFly, it is a Monomaster... you can find it on Amazon.com and thanks for the kind comments, Doug.
    Doug... a.k.a. 55dougie

Doug -

The way you presented the pixels is really neat.

Good job presenting the flies, too. Was there a "fly of the day" ?

John
    The fish are always right.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnScott View Post
    Doug -

Good job presenting the flies, too. Was there a "fly of the day" ?

John
    There were a lot of stone flies around and I saw one March Brown mayfly but not a fish rising. We fished some stone fly nymphs but the fly of the day was clearly the Fire Fly again... Effective and easy to tie.... you gotta love a fly like that... Maybe I'll do a step-by-step on my blog..... Here's a tip for you John.... tie this fly on a size #12 TMC2457 Scud hook.... make sure you use a 6/0 Solid Orange (translucent orange if not solid would be my second choice) glass bead not metal and run it off the back of your old rubber legs nymph about 12-16 inches back... If there are rainbows around look out they love this thing, even more than the browns do.... Enjoy...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dr korn; 03-09-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    Doug... a.k.a. 55dougie

+ Reply to Thread