+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lamson LP 1.5 Light

Default Lamson LP 1.5 Light

Hi,
    I picked up this reel, Lamson LP 1.5 Light, online. The original paperwork indicates it can be switched to left hand retrieve, but the diagram doesn't seem to match mine. Before I send it back or do something stupid, any ideas?
    Thanks.
    Mike

Mike. I googled it and found this on Fiberglass Flyrodders forum. "Flipping the pawl over reverses tension to left hand wind" I hope this helps. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Thanks Jim, that does help. I have registered with the fiberglass people and found some info. When I get home I'll give it a try.
    Mike

Why don't you try here http://waterworks-lamson.com/ and ask the people who made the reel?
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

I have the LP series of reels. I don't have the "light" series of reels, but my intruction sheet says that it applies to the "light" series. Just to be sure, see if the description below fits what you see.

This is how to convert the reel. My description will allow you to identify the parts that I have illustrated in my instruction sheet.

Take off the spool. You will see the Spindle (PN 13) and centered on the spindle is the Clutch (Part Number 11). The clutch's center piece is brass and fits around the spindle. Below the clutch is the drag disk plate (PN 12) which has the gear cogs on the edge. These gears click against the the triangular Pawl (PN 9) which is held by a screw.

Identify the clutch. It has the 3 holes along the edge and next to the holes are the 3 "pins" that will engage the drag disk when the clutch is turned over. If your reel has this clutch, the instructions below will work.

Now the instructions as quoted from my sheet.

"To convert to left hand retrieve, remove the clutch (PN 11) by sliding it off the spindle, pulling straight up. A little pressure is required since the clutch is held in by a retaining ring on the spindle. Turn the clutch over and slide it back over the spindle. Align the three pins in the clutch with the 3 holes in the drag disk, Push straight down over the retaining ring so the 3 pins drop into the 3 holes. The reel is now left hand wind."

PM me if you have any questions.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Mike,

I've got an LP-1L; it's just a simple click/pawl (albiet a very smooth one), spool moves the same in either direction so there's no change to be made except the direction the line is wound onto the reel.

Regards,
    Scott

Thanks Scott. I contacted Bill Archelata and he said the same thing. Thanks all for the help folks. I'll just reverse the "wind" when I put new line on and be good. It's got 5 wt on now, I'll put some 3 wt I have on. I wish Lamson had been more specific in the paperwork.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by melk View Post
    Thanks Scott. I contacted Bill Archelata and he said the same thing. Thanks all for the help folks. I'll just reverse the "wind" when I put new line on and be good. It's got 5 wt on now, I'll put some 3 wt I have on. I wish Lamson had been more specific in the paperwork.
    Mike
    Mike,

I should have kept my mouth shut and volunteered to take that "malfunctioning" reel off your hands (lol). Hope yours treats you as well as mine has over the years.

Regards,
    Scott

+ Reply to Thread