+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okay now what?!

That's good news Nighthawk, glad to hear you're doing better. Yes it may have taken awhile to make that 2 mile walk, point is you did make it, great.Hope you get some fishing in today, I won't, high winds. Just keep on keeping on, John.

Good news! Hope the improvements continue!!

I am looking forward to doing some kayak fishing this summer on Holman. I tried last year but ended up forgetting my rod, i remembered the kids and my wife's but forgot my fly rod.
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

Nighthawk,having a bad back and legs, getting there is a little slower but that is ok.You notice a lot more.Plus you find more change.Ray

Hey Nighthawk, it is great to hear you are more mobile and in less pain. As to your question, the answer is to go fish them and take some pics to show the rest of us.
    All the best.
    Mike

Glad to hear the mew meds are working for you Nighthawk. I had a short period when the meds I was on Had mad dogs giving me a wide berth and I was even snapping at hatching mayflies for disturbing the water. My back injuries have driven me to distraction at times but the urge to keep on keeping on has stood me in good stead and the meds I am on now have me back to being able to enjoy my fishing again even though the good old spinal stenosis sp has me measuring myself full length on the bank at times when the brain says "GO" but the leg says "WHAT?" Just keep on keeping on and hopefully things will improve with time. Go Well. Jax
    Getting OLD is For Old People.

Have Fun Stay Young Go Fly Fishing!

Thanks all for the encouragement. I was out again last night but didn't catch anything. Really didn't try very hard either as I mostly wanted just to get my casting practice in. Lots of midges, caddisflies and stone flies hatching but the winds were being real finicky.

It felt so good just to be out there on the water! I got a chance to talk to a fellow fisherman that was launching a canoe. Also a kayaker. Both of them just starting into fly fishing so I directed them to this site. The fellow with the canoe is having back troubles like me. He offered to take me out with him but as I didn't have my sit backer seat seat I declined for the day.

Hey Mikey it's like hugging Santa Claus. All right a slightly "twisted" Santa Claus!

Jax good to hear you are still hanging in there. Quitting would be just too easy you know. I stretch out on the bank or against a tree, sit on a bench if there is one available, but I can only do that for a few moments and then I just have to get moving again. One thing I did was buy a good, long, sturdy hiking stick made from a single dogwood limb. I am built like an NFL lineman and I can lean my full weight on that thing anytime without worrying about it breaking. Not much good for wading but it is terrific for hiking/walking! Here is the fellow I bought mine from:

http://www.wadescarvings.com/index.html

Really does make a big difference for me.

It is very nice to read your post above. Wonderful to hear you talk about and enjoying being out again.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Thanks Kerry! It sure is nice not to be cabin bound anymore.

+ Reply to Thread