Thread: Danbob's Diamondback

Default Danbob's Diamondback

Hey Danbob,

I thought you had me by my big toe and
    was a pulling for all you was worth until I
    saw the fly in your article. Obviously, it
    was all the gospel truth. Thanks for
    sharing the recipe. Warm regards, Jim

And I just happen to have a whole jar of them available! 25 cents per button. Extra surcharge if you want the whole snake. Another large extra surcharge for us not to ship it live.
    <grin>

Glad you liked the story!
    DAN

PS -- though I like snakes in general, I tend to do away with live poisonous ones found near public campgrounds -- too risky. My source of rattles is a friend who raises beef cattle; the snakes get caught up in the swather and baler and shredded while he's making hay. Try Dog Mountain Brand Hay -- A rattle in every bale!

[This message has been edited by danbob (edited 29 May 2006).]

Danbob I loved that story. That fly looks a little fragile in the tail end. I get a few of them rattlesnakes every year I just may have to try that pattern. The guys at work will love it. I believe I will try it with out the prop on the front though. Be one hell of a conversation piece on the river.

Rocky

Rocky, you can head over to John Day and get all the rattlers you will ever need, but then I am not telling you something you don't already know. How is the fishing> I see the weather still sucks.

Jonezee you ever been down on the Chewaucan river near Paisley. I have seen more snakes while fishing there than anywhere else. That is why I tend to stay away from that river.

Fishing is good on the east side of the mountains. I made a quick trip over to the Fall River and it was fishing good from the hatchery up to the headwaters. Lots of hatches going on when it is warm. From what I hear the lower Deschutes is fishing real good right now with the salmon fly hatch going on. The crooked river was fishing ok for a bit and then they let more water out of the dam and got the water dirty again. And the Metolious is fishing good also. Good green drake hatches and a good evening caddis hatch. I was going to fish it but there were a few to many people out so I went to the Fall River instead.

Rocky

+ Reply to Thread