ok in answer to Alan's question: Yes the man is a local. On a sept evening at midnight Tony hyatt, one of the victoms and friends were talking outside a bar. A truck driven by the defendant swerved over 3 lanes of hiway and struck Tony full on killing him instantly and seriously injuring several others as it plowed through the wall of the bartwo of those injured later died as a result of the injuries sustained in the accident. This was not the defentants first time of driving drunk or getting arrested for driving drunk. When the defendant was arrigned the prosicuter stated this poor man can not be tried for veichular homicide, he did not mean to do it. We present charges for veichular manslaughter. How do I know this. Tony's dad is a good friend of mine and was there for the hearing. Had he been charged with vehiclular homicide as he should have been by montana law he would have to be sentenced to a minimuym of 30 year in prision for each death with no parole and $50,000 fine per death.
Tig I tend to agree with you. The folks who started this petition are trying very hard to get nationwide coverage. Montana has been very lax on dui's.
Rainbow chaser if you feel the petition is about revenge then please do not sign it. I only ask those that feel good about what they are signing to sign it. I personnally will be on the phone to the prosicuters office and all the politicians I know and have worked with no later then tues night. Thanks again everyone for your time BOB