First off, note the negative responces you get about NFO are people that heard it from a friend. Dub we have had this talk before, the oars in the first pictures are the same as Daves. He too offers upgrades to those who feel they need it.
As for the Washington forum, you will also note the Masses (with the exception of maybe 6) love the boats. Many prefer the rocker design to the WM and many have sold their WM WS for the new Assault.
I am not going to say they have top notch service as things happen, but I will say Dave will bend over to correct them.

As for the Escape, NO COMPARISON to the FC. Okay little boat. I am 5'8" tall with 36" inseam and my knees were in my chest. I miss the room behind the seat also. Only two complaints from me on this boat. Now for a few dollars more and a "Couple More Pounds" the Renegade.

cmcculloch , which boat? The whole line is called Outlaw.

I had the Escape, I have the Renegade, the Assault XX, and the X5. Love them all, but I did upgrade the oars, for no other reason than they look cool and they do a fantastic job.

May I suggest to you, look seriously at the Assault. 8'6" long.

I will also say, I do not work for NFO, I am just a very satisfied customer and have been for over 15 years.