+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm looking for opinions or reviews on the Scaddon NFO Outlaw Escape

Not sure why people make an issue of the tube adaptor? I just use sections of old garden hose and if the fit is a little loose a few wrapps of electrician's tape customizes the fit. I've got them in all the pockets and a couple near my air compressor.

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman View Post
    Not sure why people make an issue of the tube adaptor? I just use sections of old garden hose and if the fit is a little loose a few wrapps of electrician's tape customizes the fit. I've got them in all the pockets and a couple near my air compressor.
    Duck, I think you just admitted to being a redneck.

Deb made a mistake starting off with "I'm looking for an opinion...", she should know no one here has an opinion.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

And I use an LVM that just fits in the valve, top it off with the blue slightly cone shaped adaptor on my K-Pump. Just puss them up to the valve.

Default NFO Outlaw Escape

>> Fly Goddess, thank you for catching my omission of the Escape model of my NFO Outlaw. The valves work just fine for inflating, deflating, and holding the air. IN other words just about everything they need to do. Thanks to those who passed along the tip of keeping extra piece of hose in the bags in case it gets lost. I'd sure hate to be up that well known crick, without a hose.

On that note, okay you have just spent $700. (and up) on a tube. Two more purchases that make a perfect trip.
    As I mentioned, I use an LVM pump. One of the included ends fits perfect in the Bravo and Halkey Valves
    http://www.amazon.com/Rule-iD20-Mari...d_sim_sbs_sg_1
    It will pump the boat up in minutes, BUT, you need to top it off by hand. That is where a K-Pump.
    http://www.gorgeflyshop.com/store/pc...FeMbQgodVE54-w
    The K-Pump is single action, meaning it only pushes air on the down stroke (the 2 and up are double action), but that little blue cap on the end fits perfect in the Bravo and the Halkey valves. No hoses. Just press it to the valve and pump.

Finally, like a car runs better and smoother with all tires inflated the same, a pontoon will also. A gauge
    http://www.amazon.com/K-Pump-Kwik-Ch...d_sim_sbs_sg_3
    I found out that my guessing equal air pressure in multi chambered pontoons was not all that accurate, plus I had no idea what 2 psi felt like.
    The difference is not day and night, but it makes a difference.

Oh, and my X5 (framed model) has the Halkey and the Renegade, Escape, Assault and all the new frameless models have the Bravo.

+ Reply to Thread