Thread: Clear Cure Goo- Thin is Junk!

Threaded View

I don't use the dispenser tip with the syringe delivery system. The CCG is too thick, for the needle that they supplied. I also use a curing light that I get from a distributor that cures CCG faster with less tack.

The problem is not the CCG. I wish it came with some directions. First of all, do not use the syringe to apply CCG to the fly. It is better applied using a secondary container to appy CCG like

Squeeze the CCG into a glass container wrapped with aluminum foil to protect the CCG. Then use flat tooth picks to apply the the material. Cover the CCG container with a lid of shaped aluminum foil so the UV light does not get into it while you are curing the flies.

Use the toothpicks to apply the material. You need two toothpicks. Sharpen the tip of one into a point with a razor blade. This is used to apply the material near the hook eye or anyplace where precise application is needed. Uses broad end of the other toothpick to apply the material like a spatula to larger areas, to spread material, or to remove excess material.

I used to use a small pan I formed with aluminum foil as my secondary container. But then I found a small glass cup at Sally's Beauty supply.

Last edited by Silver Creek; 02-26-2012 at 08:12 PM.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy