+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clear Cure Goo- Thin is Junk!

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default Clear Cure Goo- Thin is Junk!

After test-driving Clear Cure Goo there is no way I would do the dis-service of suggesting anyone but that junk!!!!!!!!!!!!! The syringe design is absurdly difficult to use, even for someone with large, uncompromised, strong hands. The needle constantly plugs and clearing it creates a mess.

There is no comparison between Clear Cure Goo and UV Knot Sense... I will take the Knot Sense every time. Of those that I have spoken to that personally used Clear Cure Goo they all thought it sucked compared when compared to Knot Sense. To be clear, the glue itself is just fine, it is the delivery system that sucks. The "Thin" is a joke because it is thicker than Knot Sense, though the thick is good for a lot of applications and better than Knot Sense in some small ways... But not enough to be worth fighting the syringe.

The instructions suggest removing the dispenser tip each time and that is probably a good idea, but I found the tube plugging between uses... and that was just minutes apart.

There was no difference in apparant curing rates between them other than the result of the light used.

I built a couple spoon flies and coated the backs on several scuds, used it as head cement, built saltwater bait fish flies, used it on Thunder Creeks, coated epoxy minnows, built epoxy coated bead flies, covered metal beads to create cool eggs on Egg-Sucking Leeches... and probably more.

And for the record I have absolutely no financial involvment with either company and no previous dealings of any kind to taint the matter.
    art

I've never tried clear cure goo myself ... a bit too pricey, been using liquid fusion for the last couple of years and wouldn't use anything else.

Just my $0.02 worth

Mike
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

my local shop will not carry it after the first batch they ordered was sold, based on customer reviews.
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

Glad to see these posts....I was close to trying the squeeze bottle version....wonder if it's delivery is better?

mickalo...I've been using the Fabric Fusion too....but find it shrinks in volume. Have you experienced that?

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman View Post
    Glad to see these posts....I was close to trying the squeeze bottle version....wonder if it's delivery is better?

mickalo...I've been using the Fabric Fusion too....but find it shrinks in volume. Have you experienced that?
    I use Liquid Fusion, not Fabric Fusion, never tried that.

Mike
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope" -John Buchan

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flybugpa View Post
    my local shop will not carry it after the first batch they ordered was sold, based on customer reviews.
    Shop I bought it from is coming to the same conclusion...

I actually been using CCG and have not had a problem with it. Liquid fusion is good to but will require a drying motor til they set up. Epoxy is best still overal but the convience is UV products. You are correct that styringe is a PITA though. I be getting brush on stuff once I exhausts the current stuff I have.

I don't use the dispenser tip with the syringe delivery system. The CCG is too thick, for the needle that they supplied. I also use a curing light that I get from a distributor that cures CCG faster with less tack.

The problem is not the CCG. I wish it came with some directions. First of all, do not use the syringe to apply CCG to the fly. It is better applied using a secondary container to appy CCG like

Squeeze the CCG into a glass container wrapped with aluminum foil to protect the CCG. Then use flat tooth picks to apply the the material. Cover the CCG container with a lid of shaped aluminum foil so the UV light does not get into it while you are curing the flies.

Use the toothpicks to apply the material. You need two toothpicks. Sharpen the tip of one into a point with a razor blade. This is used to apply the material near the hook eye or anyplace where precise application is needed. Uses broad end of the other toothpick to apply the material like a spatula to larger areas, to spread material, or to remove excess material.

I used to use a small pan I formed with aluminum foil as my secondary container. But then I found a small glass cup at Sally's Beauty supply.

Last edited by Silver Creek; 02-26-2012 at 08:12 PM.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

+ Reply to Thread