+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clear Cure Goo- Thin is Junk!

Nothing sticks to the foil. The foil is just to keep light out of the container and it goes just over the lip. It does not line the glass.

Cover the glass between uses and CCG won't set, so I just keep using it until I need to add some more.

CCG come in many formulations, even a flexible option and 3 thicknesses. Use whatever works including knot sense if that is your choice. I'm just saying the way I use CCG and it works for me. If you are able to control the knot sense so that you get the right amount in the right thickness in the right place all the time, that is great. I don't think I could get it around and over the thread, but not in the eye of the hook using the the tip of the knot sense tube. I'd still have to sharpen a tooth pick end to apply it.

For the fly below, I don't think you can coat just the fly and thread to the hook eye and no more with the knot sense squeeze tube. You'd still have to essentially "paint" the fly whether it was CCG or knot sense. So it depends on what you are tying.

Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

I bought the tip pack when I ordered directly from CCG so I dont waste the all goo in a secondary container. If I were to do that I would simply use one of my 35mm film containers to do so but hadnt need to yet. Practice and patience is the key to doing it right without a lot of waste but I will get the brush on stuff the next time though.

I've been using the CCG Thick, Thin, Flexible, right out of the syringe tubes/tips, and also one that uses a bottle with a brush in the cap. I haven't had any issues with any of it, never a plugged syringe tip. When I'm done using it for the day, I just pull the syringe plunger out slightly, so any glue in the tip gets pulled back into the tube, then I put the red rubber cap back on the tip. I've been using the same tubes/tips for over a year now.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

I agree with the difficulty issue on the CCG Thick, and Flexible... WAY too hard to get out of the syringe and much too expensive for my trouble... I'm a knot sense person myself also. Especially since they changed their large bottle from a tube... I had too many tube splits with the large tube.
    Michael

+ Reply to Thread