+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Bluegill Fish Graphic on an Abel Creek Reel!!! Attention warmwater finatics..

This would be a reel I would have to buy.
    "Next to a healthy 10 pound carp a brook trout can look like a minnow in a clown suit"

Not to highjack the thread, but there goes 'tuber again. He always finds a way to show off that monster gill to us Ohio folks!!

That is one big Blue Gill Mike!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAC in NEOhio View Post
    Not to highjack the thread, but there goes 'tuber again. He always finds a way to show off that monster gill to us Ohio folks!!

That is one big Blue Gill Mike!!
    Hey Mike,
    The one in this pic is the smaller of 2 11" plus 'gills caught & released in the same pond. This one just took a better pic. You & Christian should remember that spot!
    We need to go again this spring buddy!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

So it looks like this project is underway! Beau, at Stillwater Fly Shop, contacted me this weekend to confirm that Abel reels agreed to work with us in developing the bluegill fish graphic! We have already put together some ideas for a prototype design, and Abel and Stillwater Fly Shop seem to think that we should have something sometime this summer.

Chris Barclay is chronicling the process here: http://breambum.blogspot.com/2012/03...l-graphic.html

Also, watch for future updates on The Fiberglass Manifesto as Cameron has been extremely helpful in getting this project underway!

As more developments are made Chris, Cameron and I will continue to update everyone!

Colt
    Last edited by sagebass; 03-05-2012 at 01:06 PM.

For some reason your link didn't work. Here's the correct link: http://breambum.blogspot.com/2012/03...l-graphic.html
    And yes, this is really exciting!
    Chris
    St. Louis, MO

Watching the video explains a lot about Abel reels. Great workmanship, and a piece of art. When I make my second million I may have to get one.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

They are exceptional reels I especially like the TR and Creek series (loves those click and pawl reels). I can't wait to see what the final results will look like on the BG graphics.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I think I'd be proud to have one. Are they giving you a cost estimate? Gota start saving.

john2: I don't want to speculate on cost, although I have an idea of what the cost will be. I would highly recommend contacting Beau at Stillwater fly shop.

stillwateroutfitter@gmail.com

Beau usually hooks me up with a free $100 line credit or we can usually work out a deal if I opt not to exercise the $100 line credit whenever I buy an Abel reel from him. Beau is very familiar with this project as he is my main contact at Stillwater to help me get this project going. Their customer service is exceptional, they have free shipping and I've even returned a reel once without any hassle.

I hope that helps!
    Colt

+ Reply to Thread