Sorry, but Tenkara and Czech styles are just that, a style of fly fishing, but they are fly fishing.

Heck, the original fly fishing method in Merry Old England and Europe was in fact Tenkara fishing, just not called that. They used poles cut from saplings that were tied together with twine or leather straps and had a long horse hair line tied to the end. They would cast it out into the river, fish on the swing and if the caught something they would simply walk backwards up the bank and drag the fish onto the shore. That is the original fly fishing. Even the early records that mention fishing with a fly in the cradle of civilization was the same thing, just with a shorter sapling.

When I am fishing pocket water with my bamboo rod, casting short casts up the stream, it isn't much different than Tenkara or Czech since I never use my reel except to hold my line. Mostly it is hook a fish, bring up my rod to get the fish close to me and release the fish.

Fly fishing is a very diversified sport, let people pick what style they want to fish and let them be happy. I know I am.

Larry ---sagefisher---