While I guess I can see somewhat of an argument with Tenkara (although I don't agree), I see no arguement whatsoever for saying that Czech nymphing is not flyfishing. It's a flyrod, and a fly, and it has a standard fly reel...and CAN be cast like any other rod. The only difference is, you don't always "need" to cast due to the rod lengths.

However, here is no difference between Czech nymphing and nymphing a small stream with a normal length rod. As a matter of fact, contrary to popular belief, Czech nymphing is nothing new at all. It's how I was taught to "nymph" as a child 35 years ago. We fished a nymph with a splitshot the same way as we fished a worm and a sinker....constant contact and drag/tap the sinker through the lies.

If I'm nymphing a small stream with a 7ft flyrod setup....there is no need to cast. But it's still flyfishing. Likewise I would argue is Tenkara. How different is tenkara, from "dapping" flies along a brook tout stream? None. Nothing but a leader and tippet though the tip-top....reaching the rod out through the briars to place your fly. I grew up fishing those brook trout streams with no leader at all really. Just 4ft of 4lb mono attached to the fly line...dapping a wet fly.