Thread: Macrophotography Trick

Threaded View

I guess I should have been clearer earlier, the main problem with the macro function on my camera is that the built-in flash often comes from an unflattering angle as well as shadowing the lens. The added magnification is just a minor bonus to the halo of light provided by the ring lamp. I could buy a ring flash for the camera, but not without taking out a second mortgage. The lamp was found while dumpster diving at the local airport.

On a side note, I cannot get either of my point & shoot cameras to shoot through the magnifying glass. I believe that removing the glass (just 3 screws on my old timer) will remedy the situation and hopefully allow use of the P&S cameras.

Silver, I prefer the representation of details and colors afforded by a black background (in this case my black canvas coat.) It's just a personal preference. I do like how the styrofoam cup method presents translucent flies, I could not accomplish the same with a black background. It will definitely go in my "great ideas" file. Luke
    Last edited by Luke McLeod; 02-24-2012 at 02:50 AM.
    Separate your observations from your preconceptions. See what is, not what you expect.