+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need a recomendations

Wow, just got the new Orvis cataloge, I am voting for the Clearwater outfit...I still have my Clearwater 9' 5 wt 7.5. Nice 25 year no fault warranty. Beautiful Green and the 9' 5 wt 4 piece is 3 1/4 oz.
    Great start back up rod and a super back up later on.

Thanks everyone.

I will be honest .. I am not fond of kits. That said i would ,go to a fly shop ... and talk to the guys there.Buying a kit from a big box store wont get you the support a good fly shop can give .Honestly a few dollars more buys you a wealth of information and casting support that will help you alot more in the long run .When I honestly made the decision I wanted to Really become a fly fisherman , my local shop helped set me up with a great rod and reel ... cut me breaks on my fly tying equipment and took the time to teach me casting ... tying lessons non gratis ....just my opinion.

I personaly dont recomend combo pkgs from big box stores. I think if you go to a good fly shop and let them set you up a rod and reel combo you get alot more than just a rod and reel . Even if it costs a few dollars more you also get a wealth of information . When I decided I really wanted to get into fly fishing I went to a fly shop and for 50 bucks more I got a nice rod reel ... casting lessons... made a great friend .When I decided I wanted to tye my own flies I got a great deal on my vice and tools tying material ... ect .These are the things that make a great deal ... not the 50 bucks I could save buying a wally mart combo. Just my opinion..... yup thats an opinion.

hmmmmm why didnt that show up the first time i posted ..........

WE GET YOUR POINT! LOL just kiddin' Good advise worth repeating?

I dont understand why some times after I log in I get i am not allowed to post and then when i can post it doesnt show up ?????............................ Help ?

+ Reply to Thread