Hi All,

What is everyone tying this winter?

I am in bad shape for nymphs, but wanted to tie streamers since they are more fun to tie, but first things first. At any rate, I have been tying nymphs, serendipities, but also a few midges and streamers for winter stocker trout here in the Texas panhandle.

Here's what I have been working on:

Nymphs: both standard and olive gold ribbed hares ears, and Dave Whitlocks red fox squirrel nymphs, sizes 8 to 16, depending on the pattern

Serendipities: four different patterns, sizes 14 to 20 depending on the pattern

Flies for winter stockers, not very many, but: dries, emergers, and nymphs in olive, dun, and cream, plus pheasant tails and griffiths gnats, mostly in #18, and also tied some small streamers to represent silver shiners.

Next to tie: pheasant tails, then weighted and bead head nymphs of the same varieties listed above

It's cold here, the wind chill is 10 degrees and below. I have fished for winter stockers some, but it has been cold the last couple of weeks and I have stayed inside. It's been nice to be inside after chruch today, tie flies, watch the snow, and take a good nap.

It is supposed to get into the 50s much of this week, so hopefully the stocker fishing will pick up, and I can try to catch one or two on Saturday afternoon.

Regards,

Gandolf