+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's happening to me?

Default What's happening to me?

So I spent half a year almost without fishing and I was ok, today is Feb 12 and I haven't even bought my fishing license but that's not the problem, in my mind I'm still debating if I should get it or not. I do have the $ 50 for it and it's only matter of either purchase it on line or going to my local fly shop...what on earth is happening to me?
    I believe I can fly fish

You'll be okay, Martin. Get yourself a cup of coffee, put on some close, go by your license and then go use it!! Everything will be all right!

My advice would be to go to the shop for the license...sometimes a little "contact high" with tackle is all it takes to respark that fire. It would be a shame to wake up one perfect fishing morning with a strong urge to hit the water and have to wait to get the license.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

Tn: March to March fishing license. No need to wait to buy(early in the season). Later in season the doubt comes in.
    Ar: Year to date of purchase. Will wait till I go there to fish to get one.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Have you been in contact with any golfers lately?
    Don't let them mislead you, stay focused.

Of course you go when and if you feel like it.
    Maybe one day when the sun is shining, you see a lake thats perfectly calm except for little rings on the surface and you need a time by yourself...

Reg,
    Thorarinn

Turn 65 as quickly as you can and then move to Colorado!

I suggest that you take a nice long walk along some good fishing water, preferably some that you don't know too well. If you find yourself looking for pockets of water that you just know will hold a nice fish, you'll be just fine. If on the other hand, you find your mind drifting to other things in your life, then take a breather from fishing. Flyfishing is meant to be an enjoyable, relaxing break from our everyday grind but if your heart's not in it, don't push it, it just won't be the same. Just my two cents worth.

Jim Smith

Marty, I haven't got mine yet either. I blame it on global warming, or Al Gore. Usually in the throws of winter (yes it gets cold in the desert) I get cabin fever and can't wait to get out. I usually have my license by Dec. 26th. Here it is Valentine's day and I still don't have it. With the Southern Inyo County early opener 3 weeks away I am working myself up to it. Come on March. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Weather here in SoCal is fine, a bit chilly today but last week we had a couple of 80 degree days. Problem is that I just can't force myself to buy it, I don't think I'm giving up on fly fishing it's just that I had such a horrible year since I almost caught nothing on the fly but a few fish that I feel it's going to be a waste but I will try to purchase it this week.
    Thanks guys.
    I believe I can fly fish

Martin,
    Find some different water! It's been nearly 50 years since I've fished Southern California, but I recall I could usually find something somewhere that would bite, and my primary transport at the time was bicycle!
    Bob

+ Reply to Thread