Sorry I have to start the Fly of the Week thread a day early, but I will not have access to the internet tomorrow.

I was torn between making a Baetis Emerger or a Stone Nymph as the FOTW. The Baetis will start making their presence known in a very short time, but the Little Winter Stones are making their presence known now. Yesterday, I had a great day of fishing on the Roaring Fork River here in my neck of Colorado. My most productive pattern was a basic little Stone Nymph, so I decided on a FOTW

FOTW:
Your favorite Stone Nymph imitation. Anything from Yellow Sallies to the Giant Salmonfly nymphs (Pteronarcys californica).

Heres the base pattern for my Little Winter Stone (Black Prince without wings). Every pattern after this had something added to it.

Hook - Mustad 3906 size 12
Thread- 8/0 Uni Black
Tail- Black Goose Biots
Rib- Gold wire (x fine)
Body- Course Black dubbing that mysteriously appears in your inventory.
Collar- Dark Furnace Hen Hackle (I am out of Black)

I dredged these flys under an indicator (BOBBER), with a Baetis Nymph attatched as a dropper. Most fish took the Stone.

One other comment. I rarely tie a fly with a bead. Yesterday, as I have for years, I slipped a bead on the tippet above the Stone Nymphs, and let it fall back on to the pattern.

Lets see your "Go To Patterns."