You want to know why I quit joining/hosting swaps? I'll tell ya. Lack of dicipline on the participants and the Swapmeister.

Every swap lists a date that the flies need to be tied and sent to the Swapmeister by. 99% of the swaps I participated in never hit the deadline...not even close! Dates and deadlines mean something to me.

If the Swapmeister says he needs the flies by the 1st of the month, he needs them then, not a week later. Do you know his schedule?

Swapmeisters are as much to blame as the tiers. I you set a date and don't abide by it, you are adding to the problem, When I hosted a swap, the date meant something to me. I was on the road a lot for work and I only had 1-2 days a week that I could sort and mail the flies back out. If I had to wait on a set or to, it could be 2 weeks before the thing could be wrapped up. Not acceptibale.

Several times, I would get an e mail or PM a day or so from the deadline to the effect" I completely forgot, bla, bla, bla". Sorry, that don't cut it with me. I would tell the tier to keep his flies and save the postage.
Sure, unseen items come up all the time, but I forgot, I don't have the proper materials, etc. are not valad excuses for me.

Do I have a few Ideas for swaps, sure...how about a 1 material swap, other tha the thread and hook? How about a craft store swap, all materials from a craft store? Any one want to play??

Rant over, back to your normal channels...

Brad