I still am confused. The SOTM is just one swap that's been going on for years, and you don't have to join it. Some swaps have had sparse response, but most of the time, when I see a swap I'd like to get in, it's already full.

These are supposed to be fun. If you're gonna get all ballistic over a set of flies coming in a few days late, then maybe swaps just aren't your thing. I mean, it's not like a matter of National Security, or anything if someone has a problem that makes them a little late. We're not punching time-clocks. It's a hobby, and a pass-time. We have some people here who live in Europe, Canada, and other places where the mail is a lot more difficult, and even some places in the U.S. have lousy mail service (like here....).

All I can say is..lighten up a bit. If you don't enjoy the swaps, then start your own, or just don't enter any. It's not like it's a requirement or anything.

Just my 2 cents worth.

We will now return to our regular programming.........

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
this killed it for me. i may have misunderstood, but joining for a whole year and making flies once a month for a whole group was way beyond my desires as a casual tyer. after a while all i saw was announcements about swaps of the month, so i quit hanging out.

the couple of swaps i did meister went quite well. i didn't take the no-shows personally, and just carried on with what came in, returning extras to the tyers. worked fine.