+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salt lake City Now

Default Salt lake City Now

Well, I am now intrenched here in SLC for the next year or two. So where do I fish. As of right now I am only working 5 days a week so weekends are free. Anybody from around here?
    "Don't mess with the Mule, just load the wagon"
    David L
    Roseburg Or.

David, you may be very lucky!! Flygoddess is in your area, and at least two others whos names I just blanked on! Also, DeadDriftin at Flaming gorge, I am here at Rock Springs about 3 hrs away but all my waters are solid right know.
    Wyo-Blizzard

Well Dave when my I visited my brother-in-law we went to the Severe river and some other places I cant remember. I have dropped him a message on his voice mail and will let you know the results when I get them. We were fishing ti the suummer though.

P.S. I didn't touch your darn mule!!!!

Steve

Blog Entries

I'm about a 6 hour drive south and east, if you got a weekend or two. June starts the mountain lake fishing, toons or tubes at 10K feet, lots of trout. March and April, October and November are dredging up big fish on the Gunny, and catching the first caddis hatches. Hoppers start in July. Lower Dolores is fishable, a bit of a walk right now but April 1 the gate opens again...

Let me know.

Dennis

DG

I will get intouch some time next month and try to setup a wekend
    "Don't mess with the Mule, just load the wagon"
    David L
    Roseburg Or.

Blog Entries

there is some good fishing in the Ely NV area, its four hours from SLC. a google search should lead you to the water.
    Oh and don't drive over the speed limit in wendover UT. (right on the boarder) they make their city budget from people going a mile over the speed limit.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

you have the provo river on your door step with the weber a short drive away. strawberry lake is very close as id bear river. a few hour drive gets you to the green river and the south fork of the snake.

MAN, I was just at the Provo last night with another siter from Washington. It was cold, but do able. Managed 6 fish to net and LDRed 3 with one being in the 20" range.
    I would love to meet up with you, but again, I like the Middle Provo and certain sections of the lower.
    When all is melted, I have several pontoons that I am willing to share some stillwater usage with.

Lots of excellent fishing in the area. The Provo and the Green of course, but I would suggest trying the Logan and Blacksmith Fork out. Also, you are only a few hours from the Henry's Fork, an easy weekend trip.
    I spend a little time on the mountain, I spend a little time on the hill...

Currently land-locked in South-Central Indiana, USA

Most of what I would have suggested has already been said. But I'll add, don't forget the "little creeks" that flow out of virtually every canyon on the "East Bench". Or some of the other "less traveled" locations, such as the many fishing opportunities found in Southern Utah. Yankee Reservoir (east of Parowan) Mammoth Creek (headwaters accessed outside of Brian Head, and the main stream accessed from the Panguitch side) Duck Creek (from Cedar City go east on highway 14) and anything up Beaver canyon (go east on highway 153 out of Beaver) are all great options within a couple of hours of you. Especially if you like getting away from the masses, and/or fishing small streams.

There is also a HUGE area to explore east of Park City (including the Weber river) and into the high Uintas. (Google Mirror Lake and go from there.) Obviously, most of these are "summer time" affairs. But you have no shortage of quality fishing opportunities within very easy reach.

You might also want to take advantage of the great shops in your area for current information. Western Rivers Outfitters, and FishWest both come to mind, but there are a few more as well, right in Salt Lake or Utah County.

---David

+ Reply to Thread