Quote Originally Posted by Breamchaser View Post
Remember folks, we are talking about, local, state and federal governments here, LOGIC is out the window and has no place in these equations. Sorry state of affairs but governments have become a huge monster and our politians have taxed and fee-ed us beyond belief. Every government wants their share and more of our dollars. Logic, there is none and I'm afraid it will not get any better. Y'all take care, John.
Well, let's see...

a) The State of Wyoming has a program to prevent the spread of invasive species in the state's waters. (Seems like it would be irresponsible not to.)

b) They can fund these efforts by taxing all the citizens of the state, or... by imposing a fee on the people who actually might have a hand in spreading the invasive species. (So that's what they have chosen to do.)

I'm not sure I see a logic failure in this. (Although I understand the feeling of being nickel and dimed.) I do notice that as part of Wyoming G&Fs ongoing gouge-a-greenie program, the fee for out-of-staters is 3 times the fee for state residents.

And as a data point for Wyomingoids, as a Colorado resident, it cost me $35 to register my 8ft pontoon boat with 36 pound trolling motor in the state of Colorado.