+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allfishingbuy.com

Default Allfishingbuy.com

Considering a Tenkara style rod for the first time and not sure who to go with. Dealer about 90 minutes away sells Tenkara. Allfishingbuy.com has rods made in Japan for half the cost of the Tenkara (which is made in China). Looking at the 12ft. 6:4 for small mountain streams, native brookies. Please help, thanks.

I give AFB a big "thumbs up". I've bought from them and would do so again.

Am I the only who smells an advertisement here?
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowchaser View Post
    Am I the only who smells an advertisement here?
    I'm just looking for opinions, not sure what direction to go with this. Thank you for any tips. Jay

If you are really looking for opinions I apologize for being less than welcoming. It's just that first time posters about a web site where we can save a bunch of money ring alarm bells.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowchaser View Post
    If you are really looking for opinions I apologize for being less than welcoming. It's just that first time posters about a web site where we can save a bunch of money ring alarm bells.
    I'm not looking to save a bunch of money, just wanted an opinion. I just found this other tenkara style dealer this morning and knew nothing about them, but did like that the rods were not Made IN China. If posters felt the Tenkara rod was significantly better and it would benefit me to buy from a shop, I'd go that route.

Sorry, but I won't be able to help you with your question, but I did want to welcome you aboard.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

I am almost certain you are incorrect about AllFishingBuy rods being made in Japan. Read the website very carefully. The materials are made in Japan. I believe the rods themselves are made in China. I have one but it does not say anywhere on the rod or the case where it is made. However, the safety information is written in Chinese rather than Japanese.

Personally, I don't think where it is made is that important. The rods I like the best (Daiwa) are made in China. What is important is the quality of the rod.

If you are going to get an AllFishingBuy rod, I would recommend the Wakata over the Motsugo or Yokoshima (I have not seen a Kasugo so I can't comment on them). For about the same price, though, you should also look at the Fountainhead Stone Fly tenkara rods, which I think are much nicer.
    Tenkara Bum

Quote Originally Posted by TyroneFly View Post
    Sorry, but I won't be able to help you with your question, but I did want to welcome you aboard.
    Thanks. I'm a regular on the Fiberglass Fly Rod Forum and Clark's Classic Fly Rod Forum. Since you guys have a Tenkara thread I thought I might get more help here. Thanks for all the responses, still not sure of the route. I do like how light the allfishingbuy.com's rods are. But, I also like the idea of supporting a dealer too.

The weights given on the site are the weight of the blank, not the weight of the finished rod. The site shows the 9' Motsugo as .8 ounce. My 9' Motsugo weighs 2.2 ounces. Still lighter than the competition, but not what you would expect from the website.
    Tenkara Bum

+ Reply to Thread