Thread: Trammel Creek, TN side

Threaded View

Default Trammel Creek, TN side

Today was a rare day. End of January and temps in the mid 60s, plus I got off work at lunch. I had a few errands I had to run for the better half, which I did lickety split and I was off. It seems the state of KY stocks Trammel Creek. The creek flows almost due north for a few miles, but it starts in TN, and since I couldn't afford KY out of state license... I parked about 30 ft from the state line and put in. Now I will admit I did feel a little guilty, after all, if the residents of KY are paying for the stream to be stocked, I really should help them out and buy their license, especially since I was fishing for one of "their" trout. But somehow I managed to put all that guilt aside, about a second after seeing the creek and I took off. I was really surprised by the depth of the creek, there were some very deep holes in the creek.

I fished for most of the evening, I would've liked to have fished longer, but AJ had basketball practice so I stopped about 4pm. I terrorized the local creek chubs and saw some very pretty streams, but no trout.

I did have one mystery though, I seen a critter. I wasn't sure what it was, my first thought was a beaver. The creek was narrow and it was with in 10 ft of me, but it was deep. It was 4 legged, hairy and had a tail like a turtle. It didn't surface for air, but rather swam under a rock to try to hide from me, however its tail was left out. I'm guessing the water was 5 to 6 ft deep there. I took my rod, and reached down and tapped at its tail underwater. I googled some TN Aquatic animal images and I've decided it was a muskrat. I thought they were long and slender like an otter, but this guy was short and fat. The pics on google seem to back taht up so I suppose that is what it was.

I would've loved to have found a few trout, but otherwise it was a good day. After all, any day on the water if a good day.

hNt

PS Next time I think I'll spring for the out of state KY license though

PSS sorry no pics, I got in to big of a hurry and left my camera in the truck.
    Last edited by hungNtree; 02-01-2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: forgot to mention camera
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray