+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How are the fly fishing shows this season?

Quote Originally Posted by fritz View Post
    yes, Colliins was noticeably absent. Hope everything is OK and the economics hasn't adversely affected his being there
    Yeah, I hope everything's okay with Charlie, too. You'd think with the spike in saddle hackle prices from the hair extension craze last year he'd have made some extra $$.

Regards,
    Scott

Has nothing to do with the economy, he just couldn't be there this year. He'll be back next year.

I am going to SowBug. Great place to be to see what folks are tying.

Rick

Planning to go to the Great Waters expo in Blaine. There hasn't been a lot of information on the web site yet, or maybe I'm just getting impatient!

2012 Midwest Fly Fishing Expo is March 10-11 in Warren Mich at MCCC. Always a great show.

www.midwestflyfishingexpo.com

Bob

From above, RIO usually has some glow in the dark lines there for you nightime brown guys or night snook fishing. Ask at their booth.

Bob

7. Default Learned something about Tenkara

I went to the Fly Fishing show at Marlborough MA on Fri. Jan.20. The founder of TenkaraUSA was there, he had me and my buddy on the casting pond trying out a Tenkara rod. It was lots of fun, but alas Tenkara is not for me! You can get a complete Tenkara set up for less than $200. Thats a great deal if you want to get into Tenkara fishing.
    Adios Philip43

Judging by MY limited experience in attendance, these shows and their interest MUST be directly proportional to their location. For example, Colorado vs, Illinois. I went to two in the Chicago area ( so-so attendance) and was there for about an hour ( second time even less. expecting something different but.............) . I was at one in Denver, also for about an hour, but I left early because of the crowds. Based on that limited exposure, I have no plans to attend again. I can get whatever I need flyfishing related via the few Chicago shops or trhe internet.

Mark

Somerset show was pretty good this year and the crowds are really not like they use to be. It was nice to see Lefty giving casting lessons and seminars. He was just as active as ever.

Arrgh! It looks like my first time at the show will probably not be this year. My lovely wife fell on some steps while showing a house today, broke her ankle and tore a few ligaments. Now with a fresh plate in her ankle, we learn that she can't put any weight on it at all for three months. She's groovin' on the Morphine tonight. Now is my chance to pay back her help and care when I broke my arm at the shoulder nine years ago. It's my turn to step up. Maybe next year.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

+ Reply to Thread