+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Registration numbers on CC pontoon

Default Registration numbers on CC pontoon

I just got a Creek Company Sport LT. I have registered it (so I can put a motor on it). Any suggestions on how to get the registration numbers on the bow of the boat? The surface is nylon.

Would they let you put it on the pouches beside the oars? - I know it would be midship but it is only 8 feet long - it is not hard to spot. You could put it in a plastic pouch and sew it on.

Bill I put mine on a strip of Lexan that fit under the float straps and secured them with clear packing tape.

P.S. Are you coming down to Lexington for the Kentuckiana Fly Fishing Show? Kaboom1 and I will have a booth demosntrating Furled Leaders.

When I have mine on the lake I have to get it inspected for NZ mudsnails and other invasives before launching. The tag goes on the back of the plastic seat. That's the only place it will stick and be visible to lake patrol. Ask if you can put the numbers there. If not then take the bladder out of the cover and take the cover to an upholstery shop and have a clear plastic pocket sewed on over the numbers. Or do what Jack did. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Good suggestions all. Thank you. I did hear from Creek Company and they suggest laminating the numbers and decals in plastic and attaching to the frame with nylon cord or zip ties. Apparently this is an acceptable alternative.
    Thanks

Jack: I doubt I'll make the show, but thanks for the I invitation. I hope you have a good show.
    Last edited by billhouk; 01-28-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billhouk View Post
    Good suggestions all. Thank you. I did hear from Creek Company and they suggest laminating the numbers and decals in plastic and attaching to the frame with nylon cord or zip ties. Apparently this is an acceptable alternative.
    Thanks

Jack: I doubt I'll make the show, but thanks for the I invitation. I hope you have a good show.
    D/K about Indiana, but a buddy of mine in CA got warned but USCG about zip tying the plate his numbers were on to the straps of his zodiac. They had to be 'permanently affixed'. The sticker wouldn't stick to the sides...
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries

I know its probably not a popular choice, especialy if you plan on selling it, but I would stencil it on the side of the boat with spray paint.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Quote Originally Posted by maodiver View Post
    D/K about Indiana, but a buddy of mine in CA got warned but USCG about zip tying the plate his numbers were on to the straps of his zodiac. They had to be 'permanently affixed'. The sticker wouldn't stick to the sides...
    Not on inflatables. According to the ABC's of California Boating-
    On inflatable boats or vessels so configured that a number will not properly adhere or cannot be clearly seen, it should be painted on or attached to a backing plate, along with the registration sticker.
    I use quick clips and velcro strips, Lexan/plexiglass for a backing plate. Affix the male clip with velcro to the frame, drill and elongate some holes in the top of the plexi glass on each corner for some more velcro and the female clips.
    Pic shows the original clip with a nylon strap, since replace with the velcro strip.

Found the other picture.
    Last edited by Mojo; 01-29-2012 at 02:22 AM.

The new NFO bags have a plastic sleeve on the side for a plate...very cool.

+ Reply to Thread