+ Reply to Thread

Thread: it's been a while

Default it's been a while

since I've spent much time here.

if ya know me, ya know me, and if ya don't, ya don't. that's aok by me, I've always tried to fly under the radar.

anyways, has badbug been around at all? that guy could tie one helluva a fly and I haven't heard form him in a while and wonder if anyone can tell me what's up with him?

maybe, just maybe I'll start contributing to this board again. assuming I get my fly tying juju back.

thanks in advance for yer help.

Blog Entries

Blur, good to see you again. Lotta the older (on the site) folks have left, haven't seen badbug in a while, but he may not be where I am lurking.

Dennis

hey Blur, good to see you again.

thanks guys. *I look in every now and again. *it's rare these daze to tie flies. *well at least show off flies. *mostly just stuff I use to fish and those ehcs and generic mayflies are pretty boring to most everyone but the trout. *all my time is spent working the cane.

thnaks again dennis and steven. *nice to know someone remembers me.

Blog Entries

Hey Mikey! good to see ya buddy.
    Steve
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"
    Will Rogers

RE> rit dyes

Rit is all I know about. If you follow the RIT directions and dump the feathers and/or fur into hot water (perhaps after washing with vineger etc) you need to be organized and careful. A moment or two too long makes for too much color, way too dark.

But if you drop a neck into room temperature RIT dye it will take one or two weeks to attain the desired color. That means you get to check once a day. And it still works out about as planned, even if you're a dollar short and a day late.

thanks steve.
    good to hear yer still around.

+ Reply to Thread