Well I finally did it. Living in Bliss Ny and having some of the nicest trout streams within a mile or so from me I have over come my frustration of tight quarters and managed to land 3 brown trout.

The East Koy and Wiscoy creeks are hidden treasures. The stocked brook trout and native brown trout await anglers of all types. Nestled in the thickest cover just waiting to eat up flies, tippets and lures they are a challenge for sure.

I tried it for the 1st time last year and ended it the same day. I lost flies, tippets and limited out on every darn tree and bush within a 2-mile radius. The only good thing that came out of the day was I managed to keep my feet under me. In the after noon a hatch appeared and by the time I got my nymph off and a fly I thought would match the hatch it stopped. To add more insult to injury my casts caught every darn bush, tree and even the bridge from where the hatch was rising. Frustrated I snapped the fly off and by the time I tied a new one on the hatch was done.

Reading the articles here and the posted Q & A has been a great help. I ventured back and hit a riffle with a bead head nymph made some nice drifts following the bubbles and bang a nice 14? Brown. My day was complete already.

I ventured down to the infamous bridge of last year and got my share of bushes but not as many. The creeks are from six foot wide to less than thirty foot across with brush and trees lurking everywhere to grab a fly of lure. I know I have improved because this year I managed to find a few submerged logs at the head of pools (G). I hung around long enough for a 2:30 Hatch of light colored two tailed flies around a size 10-12 and quickly changed and cast upstream and what do you know, two more nice browns.

I can?t thank all of you enough for posting and answering the questions by fellow members and myself without the smarta$$ answers. The articles each week are a great help in awareness and building of confidence for having a fish take my fly. The meat and potatoes on this board are great from Freshwater to Salt. The fishins have been a great help also; not for catching fish necessarily but for the info and friendships we are building across the country.

Thanks all

Old Geezer

Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays so I could fish or hunt.