+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would like a word or two ...

Hybrid View

Default Would like a word or two ...

with the guy that came up with, "The Golden Years". HORSE HOCKY!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    with the guy that came up with, "The Golden Years". HORSE HOCKY!
    Agreed! As a good friend of mine said when he was in his 90's "Don't ever get old, It's a B.... !! Somehow I never figured out a good alternative though
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>

Quote Originally Posted by PanFisher View Post
    Agreed! As a good friend of mine said when he was in his 90's "Don't ever get old, It's a B.... !! Somehow I never figured out a good alternative though
    Old movie with Humphrey Bogart and John Derek (Knock on Any Door (1949) in which Derek says this line, "Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse".
    Well, it is an alternative!

Allan

When a younger person gives me a bad time about my age, I tell them, ''If you learn to behave, someday you could be this age.''

Most of these replies make me feel better about my situation. Yeah, I use a cane to walk and get into my boat, but I DO have a boat.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Might was well laugh about it and make the best of circumstances:

http://www.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1...by-boomers.swf
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

7. Default

Ye're fighin' it. Go with the flow & enjoy it. I know things start to not work as well as they used to but that's all part of the scheme of things. The big guy never lets us know the whole plan 'cause we'd never believe it anyhow.

Dunno where you're at but I just came from a creek <20 min from home. Got 2 fair RB. S'a great day!

Betty,

A very good friend and co-worker who retired just a few years back once told me: "This gettin' old ain't fer wimps!" I think he nailed it. But I am looking forward to my retirement, tentatively scheduled for 3:45 p.m. CST January 11, 2013. Do you think I'm a tad over-anxious for that date to get here?!?

Gary

Blog Entries

Betty,
    You know we love you, even if you try to grump. You are most definitely ahead of the curve for sweetness in Swamp Witches.
    How are you pet mooses/meeses doing? Have they gotten used to Kansas? Does the little one play fetch with you?

Ed

My wife and I had lunch last week with a man who was my first boss at work after I graduated from colllege, and his wife. We hadn't seen them in over a year, so one of the first things I asked him was if he's still playing golf.

"Not since December," (The middle of winter mind you!), he said, "but I didn't finish the entire course, and I stopped playing after loosing 3 balls. My eyesight isn't so good anymore."

"But I still do some exercises every morning when I get up," he said rather mater-of-factly.

That didn't surprise me, since he always was a bit fanatical when it came to his diet and exercise.

During the course of our lunch, as we conversed about many of the things he and his wife had done over their lifetime, I got the sense that they had enjoyed living through a number of Golden Years, but whatever luster it once held for them may be beginning to diminish.

Before we left them, I couldn't resist asking my former boss how old he is now.

"99", and "6 months!" he said, as if to suggest he is keeping an exact accounting. I didn't ask, though, if he's counting up, or counting down.

Nonetheless, I believe my wife and I are enjoying our Golden Years, and I've been officially retired for the past 11. Obviously, those golden years come and go sooner for some than for others.

+ Reply to Thread