+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carp!

Hybrid View

Default Carp!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT0wsMWLpSg

This will open the eyes of a few people who think the rods are only capable of handling small fish in small streams!
    Tenkara Bum

Interesting video, for sure!
    I would have liked to have seen how the fly was presented to the carp.
    And...this comment has nothing to do with Tenkara, but I think I'd have to kill the dude dancing around. He gets and "A" for excitement....but he kept wanting to grab the line, which is a HUGE no-no! I think guys see salt water anglers grabbing the bite tippets on big bluewater fish, and think that is what you are supposed to do. In any other situation, that's a recipe for broken lines and lost fish!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

NewTyer 1 Guest

I caught a carp once and a vietnamese dude kept trying to grab it everytime I would get it to shore and each time the carp would get back into my backing. It took me 30 minutes to get him in.

I thought for sure the young man was going to wet his pants. Very cool video. But he wouldn't be grabbing the tippet, don't tenkara use like 10' to 12' Leaders/line in which you *** a couple feet of tippet? If so then he was basically reaching for the line. I sort of get that as the rod is so long and light he was not going to be able to lift the fish to the shore. But then out of no where comes a net....hummmm what a concept. LOL
    Thanks for sharing this though.

A nice looking carp Chris, I don't speak Italian so I do not know what comments were
    being made, but here in Scotland, very short shrift is given to people who interfere
    with someone else's fish. He also buggered about to much with the fish when it
    was landed. Still it proves the point, Tenkara rods can handle pretty big fish.
    Donald Nicolson (Scotland)

http://donaldnicolson.webplus.net/

NewTyer 1 Guest

Here another Carp video. They are using spin gear but, WOW the size. Upper 20's and 30's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CcsM...eature=related

+ Reply to Thread