I loved your story and it reminded me of a fishing trip that my father and I took. My parents were divorced when I was young and many years later he remarried but, unfortunately his new wife would not let him have much contact with me or my brother but, that's another story. One day, he invited me to meet him at his mother in laws lake house and we took a small rowboat out onto the lake. I had just started flyfishing and didn't know how to cast very well. I was fishing with an old Phillipson Master(which I still have today) and a SA Angler reel. It was a 5wt setup. Most times when I cast I either caught myself or I would cast a clump of line that landed in a nice pile on the water. I was constantly untangling my leader. Anyway, we found a place with lots of racoon tail grass growing. It was a hot July day day and the Bass were feeding on top so, I tied on a white popper and waited to see a rise. I saw a rise about 30' to my right and made my cast. For some reason, it was a perfect cast and the fly settled nicely dead center of where I saw the rise. All of a sudden the water exploded and I began a fight with the first fish I had caught on my fly rod. Ater about 20 minutes I finally got the Bass to the boat and it turned out to be a 8lb LM Bass. I was so excited, not only about the fish but, having my dad there to share it with me. My dad has long passed away but, I will have that memory atleast until I lose mine.

Thanks for sharing and I would love to hear more stories shared about memorable times with children or parents.