Scott,

The closest two shops I have are 45 and 65 miles away and they have a very limited selection. I have been buying and selling on-line almost as long as one could buy and sell on-line. I have also been roundly chastised on some of the many fishing forums I participate in for doing so instead of supporting the "local" shop. For almost 20 years I have participated on various fishing forums and have met wonderful folks from all over the world, including our own "Apachetrout" who has built me several beautiful fly rods over the years and I don't think I have ever even seen a photo of him. If local fly shops are anything like local gas stations, you run into the same 6 guys, complaining about the same thing every time you stop in. Kind of repressing and depressing IMHO. For some that have watched their good local shops struggle in the new world of on-line commerce I can understand their "pain". For myself, never having one of those "local shops", I am happy for having access to everything I need from right here at home.

Sincerely,

Rich