Sometimes, it pays to read the posts and details of where the poster lives, etc. when trying to comprehend their reply. Dunfly lives in a gulf coast town in FL known for it's excellent middle-class, small town lifestyle. But most coastal towns in FL see their fair share of ostentatious displays of wealth, European and Latin American style class-consciousness, etc. For example, I was standing outside Cracker Barrel a few nights ago near Ocala waiting for the 3 ladies I was traveling with to exit and checking directions on my smart phone when this British lady got out of a high-end SUV driven by a man about my age and asked if I worked for CB. I obviously didn't, but just said no almost without making eye contact. Then she returned and asked if she could pay me to load two rocking chairs she had just bought into her SUV. In winter in FL, this sort of stuff is common. Here I am, a fellow tourist traveling and shopping/eating at CB and she has to insult me by trying to hire me as day labor because she can tell I'm an American.

You don't get a lot of that in MT or the desert SW. I've spent time in both places. In fact, I've never found anywhere else in the USA where working and middle class Americans can expect to be treated like crap on their own turf by tourists like they can in FL in Jan-Feb. when the Europeans, Canadians, and rich Yankees are in town. So Dunfly may have just been sensitive to the particular word choices that - to him - sounded classist. I can tell you that this is a bigger deal to fly anglers in FL, GA, SC than it is in the rest of the country. As a sub-culture, they work hard to be accepted as fishermen with no distinction from conventional tackle and bait fishermen. It's different here.