+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it spring yet?

1. Default is it spring yet?

today March 12, 2005 there are 5 inches of snow on the ground and still coming down steady in the northeast US. All i want to do is fish!

Right now I would take the snow,we are finally getting a little rain today not heavy but at least enough to knock down the dust.

------------------
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

FT33,

I feel your pain. Here in SW PA we have been getting that snow for awhile. Every time it looks like the skies are clearing, another cloud bank moves in and dumps on us again. I've made up my mind though, the next time the temp makes it over 35 degrees, i'm going to the local FF only area and wet a line. I have a new 4 wt. that I'm dying to try.

Ben

Here along the Front Range in Colorado the temperatures have been in the high 60's the last couple of days. This afternoon I guided a client in warm, sunny weather with BWO's coming off, and fish taking them on the surface. Tonight we already have an inch of snow, the temp is 29, and they're predicting up to 8 inches before its done.

Tomorrow, I will be fishing those Blue Wings, as they just love these spring snows and really get to popping when it's like this.

------------------
    Dan S
    Slow down and savor the moment; it will be over with all too quickly

Western MA got 8". Today it might go over 32 degrees weeeha!! Had dinner with a fishing buddy last night and every other sentence was fishing. Fishing for trout, fishing for striprs, fishing, fishing fishing. I think we're all tired of winter. Will try and go next weekend regardless of weather. I don't know that I can wait any longer.

jed

It will not be offically Spring, until J. Pierpont "Bathless" Groggins, takes his annual bath, and his longjohn are washed and hanging on the line.

J. Pierpont "Bathless" Groggins, was a character in the "Abbie & Slats" Comic seen in the Sunday Papers, Comicstrip starting in 1939.

~ Parnelli

[This message has been edited by Steven H. McGarthwaite (edited 13 March 2005).]

FT33,

Near 80 degrees yesterday, high 70s for the next few, maybe some showers mid week, but mostly sun and warmth.

Water temps in our lakes passing the 60 degree mark, some higher.

Caught some bass already. They will be on the beds next full moon.

It's spring here, right now.

Be real hot soon....

Good Luck!

Buddy

------------------
    [url=HTTP://HOMETOWN.AOL.COM/RSAN2708/INDEX.HTML:222b7]HTTP://HOMETOWN.AOL.COM/RSAN2708/INDEX.HTML[/url:222b7]
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

...we're in a bit of a cold snap here in the midwest (Chicago) but the early season opener in Wisconsin last weekend was "Beautious"...unfortunately it caused quite a snow melt off and stained the water a bit...the fish didn't seem to mind. It's supposed to warm up by mid week...I see a sick day in my future!

Brookid
    thirdyearflyfisher.com

9. Default

yeah we got about 9" in eastern mass, its about 35 degrees now but we've had so much snow this winter i just want it to go away so i can fish.

everything is blooming and budding. Scary because the bloom is mixed instead of several weeks apart at it should be. Also, the bloom is several weeks early. I hope it rains in the lowlands and s nows in the mountains soon and lots of both. I shudder to think about the condition of lakes and rivers by August

+ Reply to Thread