+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's been awhile!

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default It's been awhile!

WOW it has been a long while since I have posted here, I have moved to a new home, got my first Job in five years, other then Trout Bum, liked it so much I got 2 more Jobs, now have gone back to just 2 jobs, and got Fischer healthy again, got a son back home, and am getting two sons married this summer..Mother Flyfishfairwx is very happy about this, I seem to smell Grandkids in the future!!

I did a bit of fly fishing (is there any other kind) and tying..

A happy healthy Fischer, he was being posioned by the bagged dog food I was feeding him.. now I make it all and he gets no grains at all..the wheat and other grains in his HIGH PRICED DOG FOOD was killing him!!!

As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Glad to see you're back. Your dog looks good. Congratulations on all the happenings. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Good to have you back posting. I've wondered what happened to you.

My younger brother had two of his kids get married last year within a few months of one another and now his last child will be married this March. In his case I think he is hoping they hold off on grandkids for just a little while so he can enjoy some downtime. lol

Congratulations on the upcoming weddings (and grandkids).
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Were you getting bad food, or just something Fischer couldn't tolerate? Good to have you back.

What a beautiful fishing partner you have. I'm jealous.
    Last edited by Fishing Jill; 01-13-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    "I often do not start fishing until the cool of the evening..."
    Norman Maclean: A River Runs Through It

I am glad you got Fisher back.Alot of times we feed our pets the best food we think is out there,only to find out it is loaded with toxins.We have to be very careful because the bought food is usually 90% of what they eat.We also should be aware of what we eat,slow toxicity.

Blog Entries

I am afraid that it was something to do with Fischer himself, allergic to wheat, barley etc... he no longer gets any of that grain stuff and is thriving now..Of course I feel horrible for feeding him this stuff for his whole life, I was following the Vet's advise "give him the best food you can" "there is nothing we can do for him" etc.... BS !!!! raw diet from now on, No I repeat No grains in his diet ever again..

I will now commence fly fishing again with my bestest buddy!! Well bestest buddy when my sons are not fly fishing with me!!

Quote Originally Posted by herefishy View Post
    Were you getting bad food, or just something Fischer couldn't tolerate? Good to have you back.
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

When our dog got Colitis, we started reading about the BARF diet - bones and raw food. It's amazing how that can cure up a lot of digestive problems. Seems dogs digestive systems were geared up to handle bones and raw food, not grains and vegetables.

+ Reply to Thread