+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Embarrassing Moments

Hybrid View

Default Embarrassing Moments

Embarrassing Moments
    I have had many in my life, and several right at the fishing hole whether it be river, creek or stillwater.
    Now with ice fishing there has got to be some great moments, so how about it, your embarrassing moment or moments? Next question, did you try to cover it up by acting like you did it on purpose...?

Spud bar slipped out of my hands on the downstroke while I was chopping a hole; who'da thought cast iron wouldn't float?

Regards,
    Scott

I was fishing Rocky Ford Creek in Central Washington for the first time with Cary Morlan (AKA-Linemender). Rocky Ford is a no wading Spring Creek and I was on a slope next to the water when I slipped and landed head-long in the water. I asked Cary if he thought I would get a ticket for wading if the game warden came by. He said, "No way. Your feet were over your head when your butt hit the water. That's not wading." My fly rod survived but my ego was bruised.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Blog Entries

Upon arriving at the Idaho fish-in last fall, I parked in my campsite, stepped out of my car, waved to the guys across the drive, and stepped into a fire pit that wasn't there last time. Full face plant in the dirt, skinned knees and elbows that week. I am SURE none of them laughed. Right?

Not Ice fishing but I once foolishly took my mate (who swears like a trooper) and the local Greek Orthodox Priest fishing at a lake. My mate was on a point, The Father was about 50 yards to his left and I was about 50 yards to the Fathers left. My mate hooked his first ever bigish trout and as it erupted out of the water he proceeded to shout S*** it's a ******* Monster! The swearing at full volume continued right up untill he finaly landed the fish, probably about 5 minutes but it felt like a lifetime! I was agast but luckily for me Father Leo had a great sense of humor!
    All the best.
    Mike

Quite a few years ago my dad and I caught a lot of nice perch on Muskegon Lake one week so we called my cousin to drive fifty miles to join on on the next weekend. The Saturday he came up the winds were blowing very strong but we would be inside a portable shanty once we got set up so we decided to go anyway. We hauled our gear out to the middle of the lake and popped up the shelter. I stepped inside to lock the center brace into place when the wind picked up some more. In fact it picked up the whole shanty with me inside. I was carried several hundred yards down the lake before it hit something and flipped on it's side and continued down the lake with me lying on the vinyl wall until another fisherman was able to intercept us. Thereafter we drilled an anchor hole and dropped the anchoring spike in before we set up the tent.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowchaser View Post
    Quite a few years ago my dad and I caught a lot of nice perch on Muskegon Lake one week so we called my cousin to drive fifty miles to join on on the next weekend. The Saturday he came up the winds were blowing very strong but we would be inside a portable shanty once we got set up so we decided to go anyway. We hauled our gear out to the middle of the lake and popped up the shelter. I stepped inside to lock the center brace into place when the wind picked up some more. In fact it picked up the whole shanty with me inside. I was carried several hundred yards down the lake before it hit something and flipped on it's side and continued down the lake with me lying on the vinyl wall until another fisherman was able to intercept us. Thereafter we drilled an anchor hole and dropped the anchoring spike in before we set up the tent.

I have such a visual of this...ha, ha, ha

+ Reply to Thread