Thread: Embarrassing Moments

Threaded View

Blog Entries

Cool

Cary Moran (Linemender) and I were fishing H Lake for Gills at the CWFI near Ephrata when we pulled up stakes to drive about a mile to Stan Coffin Lake. As I began to break down my rod Cary said Hold on you don't have to shorten your rod just do this. He then placed his prized 3 weight Bamboo rod to the windshield using the windshield wiper as a ready made clamp. He said it would be perfectly safe as he and a Buddy had often done that while driving between fishing spots. Well He was one of the organizers of the fish in and who was I to question his wisdom. So I dutifully stuck my rod and reel under the wiper and off we went. We got about 100 feet down the road when a light rain started. Cary without even giving it a second thought turned on his wipers. There we were with 9 foot rods screeching like banshees waving back and forth across the windshield . Before Cary could react his prized Boo rod flew off the car onto the road. Mine stayed put thank God! We stopped and He ran back to the spot, fearing the worse. Luck was with us that day as the rod suffered no damage at all. Not so our egos. We laughed so hard Cary had to stop and wipe his eyes before he could see to drive.

And yes as is only fair we did own up to it at the campfire that night.
    Last edited by Gnu Bee Flyer; 01-12-2012 at 12:53 PM.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!