+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lead Fishing Tackle Ban Heats Up

1602 NE 180th Ter Smithville MO 64089-9120.

Default Lead Fishing Tackle Ban Heats Up

Blog Entries

The EPA is going to find themselves a fang or two short very soon. The Supreme Court telegraphed a great deal of anti-EPA leanings over an Idaho "wetlands" case. The reason EPA backed down on the original lead ban was the fact they realized they lacked authority. SCOTUS will likely start clearing up their vision...

Rather than sidetrack this thread, here is a link to the story.
    http://nation.foxnews.com/epa/2012/0...ty-rights-case
    Last edited by hap; 01-11-2012 at 03:58 PM. Reason: put wetlands in paraenthesis

There are a number of fishing groups and individuals fishermen that are also wanting a lead ban. Personally I don't have a dog in this fight 'cause I don't use lead weight to fish with. Still, when the same people tried to tell me that the use of lead anchors presents a similar danger to the river enviroment is when I realized they are not in touch with reality. Lead is an inert element and does not dissolve in fresh water so using lead in a form that is not ingestible does no harm to the enviroment. I was told that after a year of dropping my anchor and scrapping it on the bottom it would lose up to 60% of its lead. I have been using a 30 pound lead anchor on my boat for about 10 years now and it still weighs 30 pounds. Once again these people push out false information in the over zealous persuit of their agenda.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

+ Reply to Thread