The "[url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/oldflies/:77760]Old Fly Wallet[/url:77760], brought tears of happiness and sadness of a friend who is no longer here.

Couple of years ago, Walter "Sonny" Morgan, got to go on a "Fly Angler's Dream Vacation" to New Zealand. I sent Sonny my FAOL Fly Wallet, packed with flies for the New Zealand trip. I later discovered that because of bird virus worries, it is best to leave all flies at home, and purchase needed fly patterns there.

My gift, pleased Sonny greatly, and I'm glad for the happiness it brought him to receive it. I am happy that he enjoyed his fishing adventure in New Zealand. I will always treasure the display box of "Owen River Fly Selection" (New Zealand) that he sent to me, on his return.

It was only shortly after returning home, Sonny discovered he had incurable cancer, and he died less than 9 months later.

Yet I am still happy that I did what I did, helping in some small way, make Sonny's last great adventure mean more, and I am reminded of Sonny every time I tie some of the Owen River flies, using Sonny's gift for reference in my tying. ~Parnelli