Hi all,
Does anyone else seem to have a real penchant for fly rods in a particular length and line weight?

For me, I am really drawn to sweet 4wt rods in 7'9" - 8' lengths. I guess because I sincerely enjoy covering ground on smaller headwater rivers and bigger creeks, mostly tossing dries and soft hackles. In this length, the rods are very light in hand, but still have a bit of versatility as far as mending, fly size, etc. Plus, a 4wt allows me to keep a good fish from diving under a logjam or rock ledge most of the time. And fishing nymphs and even smaller streamers is not out of the question.

I know that 5wt and 6wt rods, and even longer 4wts, are ultimately much more versatile in the big scheme of things, but....I guess it boils down to this configuration of rod is the most fun for the type of fly fishing I truly enjoy the most....smaller fish are still plenty of fun, plus it gives a little more butt strength to turn a larger fish away from obstructions than a lighter line weight rod can.

Anyway, what is your huckleberry, as far as a particular length and line weight....and why?