I was going to respond to the previous leader post, but my question is a bit different.

I feel kind of silly, but 95% of my flyfishing is completely self taught. The only place I really receive any information is, well, HERE. There don't seem to be too many starter guides on the internet so here goes my ridiculous question:

I get confused by leader and tippet. Tippet is the extremely small diameter mono at the end of a leader right? 4x, 5x, 6x, etc. I got that part. How do you attach the tippet to leader? I'm assuming you tie them to the knot in the leader.

I've heard talk about knotless leaders. How would you attach tippet to them withuot a knot?

Is the leader (not tippet section) tapered? If so, then how do I know what size tippet to attach where?

Sorry for the silly questions, but for the last two months I've been using pre-made leaders and spending $4.95 for each one and I'm just getting tired of it. I used my last one until the taper was too large to tie a fly on! Help me learn about leaders guys!

------------------

~Rick
[url=http://fishingdelmarva.blogspot.com:d8e5c]My Fishing Blog![/url:d8e5c]