+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Contrary to.........................

Default Contrary to.........................

my philosophy regarding $$$$$$ fishin stuff, I POPPED. About a week ago, to my surprise, I received a payment from a client who went through some hard times about 10 years ago. About that LONGago, VERY apologetically, he informed me he would be unable to pay me the balance due ( approx $1200 of a $9000 total ). He did state that when times got better, he would make good his debt. Basically I lost nothing except the additional $1200 in profit. All help was paid and in reality, NO BIG DEAL. December 23, last year, I received a check for $1600 from him with an accopanying note stating that he was very sorry for any inconvenience he may have caused me and a sincere THANK YOU for understanding. I sent him the $400 difference so fast his head would probably spin with also a note expressing my appreciation for fortifying my faith in mankind ( actually I just simply appreciated the gesture).
    Long story short, I took the enexpected funds and popped for an Orvis Hydros somthinorother outfit complete with matching reel, line etc. So NOW, having expended funds WAAYYYY over what I deem "sensible" I fully expect full creels henceforth. By the way, it's a blue one and it arrived today ( Ukrainian Christmas eve and we DO celebrate same)

Mark
    PS: It's a 9', 4 pc, 4 wt with Hydros I Titanium filled WF, large arbor reel.
    Last edited by Marco; 01-07-2012 at 12:44 AM.

Marco,
    What a nice surprise.You deserve to buy your self something nice.After 10 years,WOW

Thank you for sharing this ..... for several reasons. Enjoy your rod and keep posting some of the prettiest fish I've ever seen.

It is good to know there are still honest people in this world. Enjoy your new toy!
    Wyo-Blizzard

ya gotta love the honest clients! congrats on the new rod!

Z

You gotta love people who do the right thing.

Have loads of fun with your new ff outfit.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Fantastic!! You will now have several reasons to smile when you fish it!
    Last edited by 51BC; 01-08-2012 at 11:42 AM.

And NOW, having rod in hand, I've fortified my previous reluctance to buy on line. This rod is a "tip flex 9.5" and in NO WAY is it what I "assumed" it would be. It's like a WET NOODLE . I heretofore "assumed" a "tip flex" would be a relatively stiff shaft with flex mainly in the upper third or quarter. This rod bends almost to the last ( butt section) with a minimal resistance. Is it ME or am I misundrstanding what the rod description signifies? Or perhaps is the rod mislabeled? I whatever case, we're talkin RETURN.

Mark
    PS: And thanks for the comments

So sorry the rod didn't turn out to be what you expected.....I do recall something said here about never buy a rod you haven't cast 'tho. Make up for it on the replacement, right?
    Hugs,
    LF

And I, of all people, who has the gall to enter " We do it RIGHT the FIRST time" below my business letterhead. Sage advice LF, although obviously not heeded but, from now on.................................

Mark

+ Reply to Thread