Recently I saw a post of a FAOL's pictorial of his first year back to FF. It reminded me of this past year and the little log I kept. I kept it on Google Documents, a simple little spreadsheet of the date, conditions (weather and river conditions including stream flow from the nearest USGS site if availble), where I fished, and what flys/techniques worked. Google docs allows you to access from any computer, so I can enter to it at work, at home, or on my laptop. In past years I tried to keep it on a spreadsheet on one computer but if you use multiple computers like I do, this allows you to keep it all in one place and it was more complete since it was easy to access. I have found this is more useful than I thought after having a year's worth of data. For example, I fished 19 different rivers/lakes in 2011 (trout in the winter and spring, largemouth in the spring, smallmouth in the summer and back to trout in the fall), and having the log helps me when I revisit them. Also, when it comes to my winter tie list, I can see exactly what worked last year and tie accordingly. I was surprized my memory did not match what the log said, esp the early spring, summer flies that worked best. Plus it gives me interesting info like: I was able to fish 42 times in 2011; and in every month except December; an olive BUB worked best on cloudy days for SM and a chartruse BUB on sunny days, but generally my best SM fly was a pine sq crayfish; my best smallie day was overcast, drizzlely 70 degree day in July. Excuse the rambling, but it may make a good new years resolution to take a couple seconds and make a quick entry after your trips this year, especially if you fish multiple places and species.....