Hi all and thanks in advance for any information that you may be able to provide me, I'll appreciate it.
First off, I'm not a consistent fisherman, and when I go I'm not usually very good but I enjoy it for the relaxation. I live in northern Alberta and have access to streams, lakes and rivers. It's about a 4 hour drive to the mountains where I'd really spend most of my time fishing for trout mostly. When I fish I'm usually in my kayak (not a sit on top) with my rod and spinning reel, but I am really intrigued about fly fishing and I do like to try new things. I realize that flyfishing from a kayak may be somewhat difficult but the kayak allows me to get to places that I could fish from shore.
I have been looking at the Temple Forks NXT series 4 piece combo for $220. I've also looked at the Fenwick HMX series for roughly the same price. I don't want to spend a fortune on equipment at this point in time although like many hobbies I understand that there are great opportunities to do just that and I also realize that in most cases you get what you pay for.
Keep in mind I have never used a fly rod and really don't know much at this point about equipment and accessories other than what I've gleaned off the internet.
So your thoughts and suggestions are most welcome and I look forward to the responses.
Thanks,

hk