+ Reply to Thread

Thread: White Shrimp

Hybrid View

Default White Shrimp

This is tied with monofilament and monofilament thread and the exposed thread is coated with head cement.It is very durable and translucent.

Thanks for looking ,Fred

NewTyer 1 Guest

That is the best shrimp pattern I have seen in a long time and so realistic. Nice job

Fred,

All I can say is wow! That is the best looking shrimp pattern I've ever seen. Do you have many problems with hooking the bottom or weeds etc. with the hook protruding from the bottom of the pattern? I know that it would spoil the look a bit by tying it hook point up, but it would make it much more weedless. Perhaps if you painted the hook white it wouldn't show too much???

Jim Smith

Thanks NewTyer 1, rayhill190 . Jim I think you have some good ideas . My first thought is to keep the hook on the bottom and incooperate a mono weed guard. Or to lengthen the swimmerettes to allow them to act as a weedguard. But I have not had a problem with hooking the bottom with this pattern. I fish it with floating line and control the depth by the length of leader and tipit. I mainly use this pattern to sight fish the flats.
    Last edited by Fred H; 01-04-2012 at 03:21 PM.

NewTyer 1 Guest

Can you post a tutoral on this with material list. I would be interested in trying my hand at it. Seems like a good perch pattern for brackish water.

Fred,

All I can say is wow! That is the best looking shrimp pattern I've ever seen. Do you have many problems with hooking the bottom or weeds etc. with the hook protruding from the bottom of the pattern? I know that it would spoil the look a bit by tying it hook point up, but it would make it much more weedless. Perhaps if you painted the hook white it wouldn't show too much???

Jim Smith

incredible tie,it seems the more I look the more realistic these flies are becoming.I guess I will have to continue using live bait

+ Reply to Thread