+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DEFINING WATER - Whip finish - Jan 02, 2012

Hybrid View

Bothell, WA, USA
    Blog Entries

Default DEFINING WATER - Whip finish - Jan 02, 2012

Recently I found myself along a local stream, sitting on a large tree that had been shoved up onto the gravel bank during this summer's heavy storms. I had fished for a couple hours at this point, having already experienced success in bringing to hand several beautiful wild brown trout. My stopping was for no real reason, since I felt neither tired nor hungry at the moment, but the solace of the trees trunk beckoned me toward a comfortable perch with a view. The morning had shaped up well, with little breeze and only the slightest hint of heat or humidity.

White Bear Lake MN

When I go fishing, I always take time to view the stream (many times resting my back against a tree), I might spend more than a ?-hour in my mediation above the activity of the water...

As I am observing the water, I always remember what my mentor (Al Campbell) taught me. "Let the pretty girls (fish) show you where they are!"

"Everyone you meet in life, give you happiness! Some by their arrival, others by their departure!" ~Parnelli

+ Reply to Thread